Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y.
Here at our Y, we focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Y volunteers give men, women, teens, and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Ways to Volunteer at Our Y
- Join our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Assist Coaching one of our sports teams
- Mentor and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Become a Y lifeguard or substitute
- Extend a helping hand to adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in our social responsibility efforts that help partner organizations
- Sponsor one of our local community days
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Afterschool Volunteer Assistant
Work with children ages 5-12 with homework, playing board games, gym games, arts, and crafts. Must be patient with children and be an excellent role model. Minimum of 3-month time commitment required. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Volunteers needed to assist and lead in the basketball, soccer, wallyball, and tennis program. Programs run on after 3pm and on weekends.
High School Community Service hours
The YMCA offers high school students a chance to volunteer in the programs to earn hours needed to graduate high school.
Office Work Volunteer
Religion School Community Service Hours
Volunteer Application Process
- Applicants complete the volunteer application, sign it and return it to the YMCA - Volunteer department or email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include 3 references.
- References will be checked and an interview will be set up once references have been verified
- Criminal background check and online training than meeting with the department contact person
- Begin volunteering
Volunteering application takes two to three weeks so please plan ahead.
Current Internship Opportunities
PR: 10 hours per week
Work with Y Staff to update New Rochelle YMCA information on Facebook, Twitter, local media (Patch, daily voice) and website.
Please complete internship application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 914-632-7140.