When you give to the Y, you make a meaningful difference in community.
Rich's March Message
March Membership Madness & Locker Room Update!
Hi friends – we are so glad to have you as part of our YMCA community! The people of our Y come from New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Pelham, Larchmont and the Bronx. Wherever you are from, you have a home at the Y!
With your membership, you are can be a part of something big and something that will come close to Madness! If you can recruit a friend to join the New Rochelle YMCA during the month of March, and that new member stays for 3 months, you get ONE MONTH FREE!
And now for some facility updates:
- Our new cardio and strength equipment is now 2 months old – and while change can be challenging, I’ve seen some great success stories on our equipment. People living healthier lives! Please understand that this initial change in equipment is part of our membership growth and retention plan. More improvements are on the horizon as we build our membership and program selections.
- We are also evaluating our program classes for youth and adults. Some of the old classes may give way to the new once we start our SPRING II session in late April. As always, your patience is welcomed.
- Locker Rooms: always the BIG topic of discussion. Here are the details in the order I am trying to get solutions:
- Ventilation – we have air coming in; we need to seek a system which allows for better airflow, which in turn will take less of a toll on the fixtures.
- Lockers – I am working with several vendors on seeking large lockers which will provide for the monthly rentals (executive) and the smaller daily use lockers. In addition, we will be providing some daily use lockers in our main corridor for simplicity.
- Fixtures – toilets, sinks, shower heads, etc. Not the most exciting part of the project, however, the most essential!
Thanks for being part of our YMCA family, and for supporting our staff and volunteers! Remember, we are more than a gym and swim facility. At the Y, we are a non-profit which provides financial assistance for qualified children and their families.
Take good care!
Rich McCarty, CEO